lorenkayle

Loren's eLiterate

I like all sorts of genres, and I love a good series. However, I dislike books that portion the story out to readers in a serialized fashion over several volumes, and I refuse to buy them.

The Many Sins of Lord Cameron (Highland Pleasures, #3)

The Many Sins of Lord Cameron (Highland Pleasures, #3) - Jennifer Ashley I wanted to like this so much, and overall, it was an enjoyable read. I liked the characters, but I had major problems believing certain aspects of Cameron's back story with his first wife, Elizabeth. When her postpartum depression turned vicious, I do not understand why Cameron didn't pack her off to some discreet asylum rather than allowing her to live in the house with their son, especially after the incident with the lit cigar. If someone is determined to harm their child, I don't understand the other parent not taking firm steps to remove the danger. Cameron knew that Elizabeth could cajole the servants into allowing her into his room to abuse him, so it makes no sense that Cameron would think she wouldn't be able to get to Daniel any time she wanted. Yet she remained in the house. Even if Cameron hesitated to send her to an asylum because of Ian's experience, I would think that hesitation would disappear after Elizabeth became a clear danger to Daniel. None of that was truly addressed, and that lack cost the book a star in this review.