lorenkayle

Loren's eLiterate

I like all sorts of genres, and I love a good series. However, I dislike books that portion the story out to readers in a serialized fashion over several volumes, and I refuse to buy them.

Not A Chance - Carter Ashby There's a lot going on in this book, and the author gets points for juggling several different romances. She also gets points for characters who have realistic flaws, who do spectacularly stupid things and then regret them, and who try to make up for doing those stupid things. However, there's almost too much going on in the book, which makes it something of a whiplash read at times.

I would have given this book a four star rating but for what I consider to be significant failures on the part of the Arden and Emma. Both women are slapped across the face by men and never call the police to report that they were assaulted. Both characters should have known better, and I do not understand why they never reported these assaults. That option was never even mentioned. Secondly, when Arden and Travis go to see Emily after she's been taken by Tonya, why didn't they contact child services to report Tonya and Jerry Lee? The living conditions as described warranted such a call, yet that never even seemed to occur to them.