lorenkayle

Loren's eLiterate

I like all sorts of genres, and I love a good series. However, I dislike books that portion the story out to readers in a serialized fashion over several volumes, and I refuse to buy them.

Some Like It Hot (Rising Star Chef #2) - Louisa Edwards This is a difficult book for me to review. While I liked the character of Danny, I detested the character of Eva so much that I could barely keep reading. She spent much of the book as nothing more than a venal, selfish, spoiled little girl. She never actually redeemed herself in my eyes, and I'm still uncertain why Danny was so quick to forgive her, especially in light of the issues that he'd had forgiving his brother, Max. Eva's reasons for basically interfering with the RSC competition (her need to gain Daddy's approval and attention) were not enough to justify her actions, and her self-recrimination when she finally realized she was wrong was too little too late, in my opinion.

Max and Jules from Too Hot To Touch were barely in this book, which normally wouldn't bother me, since they'd had their own book, and this one was Danny's. However, I would have much preferred to read more about them than to endure the endless pages of Eva-the-spoiled-brat and her daddy issues.