lorenkayle

Loren's eLiterate

I like all sorts of genres, and I love a good series. However, I dislike books that portion the story out to readers in a serialized fashion over several volumes, and I refuse to buy them.

The Invasion of Falgannon Isle

The Invasion of Falgannon Isle - Deborah MacGillivray This was a cute story, but the sheer number of secondary characters made it difficult to keep track of everyone at times. There was a problem when this book was transferred to Kindle, presumably with OCR software, and there are numerous errors (hed instead of he'd, shed instead of she'd, and random periods turning up mid-sentence) that quickly became annoying. However, The Cat Dudley and his poker-playing ways made up for it.

When it came to B.A.'s reaction to Desmond's betrayal, I simply couldn't believe anyone would be so forgiving or react in that fashion. B.A.'s anger evaporated far too quickly to make sense or to be realistic. However, I was pleased to see that Desmond knew he'd need counseling to overcome his past. That was a realistic touch I wasn't expecting, and it was nice to see it acknowledged.